Buy Nothing Day
Rule of thirds
Lighting for Film and Television
1. Free sound effects downloads - try this site. Click on the pic to visit.
2. Looking to raise funds for a project? You don't have to be awarded a commission by a TV company or funding from the film industry.
3. Want to know more about the different film cameras that are available? This review looks at the current state of the market, from expensive film cameras to the new DSLR's.
4. Try this free software to help you manage your media productions.
5. Here's an extract from a guide to location sound written by audio professionals. Click on to read the full account.
6. Creative Commons available music - mostly of a very contemporary, electronic nature.
7. More copyright free music, some of it effective for romance/drama work, though much of the electronic instrumentation for the dancy-er tracks sounds very dated.
8. On-line networking for media professionals.
9. An online film tutorial site, produced by the NorthWest Film School, based in Portland, Oregon.
10. This local (to Bristol) site is produced by a local media activist. It offers advice and guidance to aspiring film-makers and showcases citizen activist work produced in the city of Bristol.
11. Another Bristol-based site, publishing local work.
12. More sounds, this time from Moby, via a site set up to provide rights-free music to up and coming and student film-makers, on condition that the product is non-profit.
13. Free stock footage - need a shot of a cow in a field, or of a busy city street? How about time-lapse of Las Vegas at night, or anow melting? All this, and more, for free, from this site.
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.